I have to say that I found the digital story as a more impressive format than the slideshare project. However, all of the online applications we used for finding copyright-friendly photos I found to be very useful, and even pretty cool. I had a lot of fun using the Tag Galaxy website. I was surprised that when I searched for "Muskegon" I managed to find many photos of familiar places in my hometown. I found that to be pretty impressive, and was able to choose from a myriad of images for my project about my hometown. It would seem that choosing such a specific topic would severely limit the number of photos that I would have to choose from, so I was definitely glad with the variety of photos I was able to incorporate into my slideshow. I can definitely see how these websites would benefit students seeking copyright-friendly images for projects. This would especially be nice for incorporating images into writing projects, such as poetry portfolios.
What I liked about Audacity was how easy it was to use. I really have no experience with audio-editing programs, but I found this program to be very simple to use. While it was convienent to record a podcast over the phone, it would be much easier to record one using this program. Any mistakes could easily be edited out, and one could simply re-record the sentence in which they goofed, and move it into the right position in the podcast. It was also very easy to add other tracks to your podcast using Audacity. If students wanted to play introductory music to their podcast, or "quote" a newscast or television show, it would be no problem for them to do so. I could see how, using this program, a teacher could have students create weekly, or bi-monthly podcasts. If the students did this in pairs, radioshow style, I think they would have a lot of fun with it.
Thursday, October 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment